Trina Solar Co., Ltd. ("Trina Solar"), the world's leading provider of total solar energy solutions, announced that it has successfully won a 40MWac solar project in Kampong Chnang province，Cambodia，in the tender for a National Solar Park project launched by Cambodia’s public utility the Electricité du Cambodge (“EDC”).
In order to promote the deployment of low-cost power generation, diversify the power structure and increase the proportion of clean energy, Cambodia launched an international tender for a National Solar Park with a designed capacity of 100MWac. EDC provides land and transmission access and will purchase electricity generated by the project under a long-term power purchase agreement (PPA).
The tender program was carried out in two phases. Phase one project, with a capacity of 60MWac, has been awarded in 2019. Phase two project has a capacity of 40MWac, totaling 12 prequalified bidders, including Trina Solar, were selected by EDC.
In March 2022, Trina Solar received the Letter of Award issued by EDC, and successfully won this 40MWac tender project.
“We are honored to win this tender, so as to provide clean energy for Cambodia’s economic and social development, and to promote the green transition of the country’s energy industry. We will further strengthen our project development in Cambodia and other Southeast Asian countries, and accelerate the process of promoting green and low-carbon development in Southeast Asia with better solutions.” Commented by Mr. Simon Li, Head of APAC Team, International System Business Unit of Trina Solar.
Currently, 60% of Cambodia's energy supply comes from fossil fuels (coal and oil), while the remaining 40% comes from renewable energy sources (hydro, solar and biomass). In order to reduce environmental pollution and combat climate change, the Kingdom of Cambodia has decided to convert energy use into low-carbon energy since 2019. Cambodia's Development Committee put an end to the approval of coal-fired plant projects in any form. In addition, Cambodia's Ministry of Mines and Energy also stops the development of new coal-fired plant projects.
About Trina Solar International System Business Unit (“ISBU”)
As world’s leading solar products and energy solutions provider, Trina Solar produces and delivers solar products, solar projects and turnkey energy solutions worldwide. Our solar project business includes project development, structuring, financing, EPC, O&M and asset management, providing one-stop solutions for the entire project life cycle. As of June 30 2021, Trina Solar has connected over 5.5GW of solar projects to the grid worldwide.
Trina Solar ISBU is dedicated for the utility scale solar project business for international market. With the core competences of global project development, customer-oriented structuring and financing, best project opportunities, and solid and comprehensive records, ISBU of Trina Solar is a global leader in the development and management of solar projects, and is active in more than 15 countries and areas, including but not limited to USA, UK, Italy, France, Greece, Spain, Japan, Colombia, Mexico, Chile, Peru, Australia, Vietnam, Cambodia, South Korea.
Contact us: email@example.com